ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, EMS
An ISO 14001 environmental management system is a systematic and process driven approach to controlling those aspects of your business that have a significant impact on the environment.
The system is proven to make business owners and managers be more aware of their environmental responsibilities, including legal and regulatory accountabilities, and being able to manage and control the associated risks.
An environmental management system can be applied to any business of any size, in any given sector, to demonstrate the company’s commitments to on-going environmental issues both on a local and national scale. More specifically it can help you reduce your waste and carbon footprint significantly, therefore lowering you environmental liability.
WHY ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION?
By obtaining ISO 14001 Certification you can prove to your stakeholders, customers and staff that you are aware of your environmental obligations and are looking to reduce your environmental impact. The main benefits of obtaining ISO 14001 are:
Benifits to you
1. Use the reduce, reuse and recycle approach to make tangible cost reductions as well the potential to reduce taxes and liability insurances
2. Enhance your company imageand improve your green credentials within the local community and to potential investors
3. Reduce the impact of your business activities on the environment through best practice management
Benifits to customers
1. Reassures customers who take an active interest in environmental performance that they are working with a company which promotes ashared environmental ethos
2. Proof that you are maintaining a forward thinking, environmentally aware organisation that fulfills its corporate social responsibility
Benifits to your staff
1. Increase the motivation of your environmentally conscious employees
2. Increase environmental awareness amongst the entire workforce
3. Actively reduces environmental risks and prevents incidents to both employees and the local environment